- 5 Lessons
- 35 Videos
- 1.5 Hours of Training
Acquire the technical and practical knowledge to sculpt the rich forms of the human ear from imagination. The complete module is available on April 13th!
Goals of this module and why starting with the ear
- what to expect from this module
- why starting with the ear
Difference between the term “Shape” and “Form”
- from a 2D shape to a 3D volume
- complex 3D forms and their outlines
Relationship between form and function
- the principle of “Form Follows Function”
- what the statement really means
- the principle in action and how it forms the human skull
Function of the ear
- the ear as a organ for acoustic perception
- why we have two ears and how we locate sound
- what causes the distinctive form of the ear
The 2 important shapes of the ear
- combining the 9-like outline with the internal Y-like shapes to create a simplified version of the ear
Variations of the human ear in comparison with the animal pinna
- why the perfect ear does not exist
- difference between male and female ears
- birds and mammal ears
Lesson 1, Recap
- why starting with the ear
- differences between shape, form and outline
- the principle of form follows function
- functions of the ear
- how to construct a basic ear with 2 shapes
- the perfect ear does not exist
Lesson 1, Assignment
- throwing you in at the deep end and determine your personal baseline
What CG Artists say:
"I've learned a lot through the ear sculpting course and I was impressed by the result I was able to produce in such a short amount of time. The lessons are concise, well explained and with the right amount of theory versus practice. I can really feel that it will be long lasting knowledge! Whether you are a beginner or an accomplished artist, I'm sure you will find value in Ben's course!"
“With the method I was able to focus my studies and evolve quickly, honing in on what is important and on how the volumes read. Ben’s didactic skills made it really easy to absorb the content and a lot of fun as well.”
"3D Gladiator's course on the human ear was exceptional! I could not recommend it enough. If you are interested in learning anatomy and improving your sculpting skills, then this course is a must!
3D Gladiator provided the best approach for learning and improving on anatomy, in the fastest method possible. My sincere thanks to Ben for the outstanding lectures! His knowledge, skill and ability to teach made this course invaluable for me, absolutely worth it on all levels!"
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What do I get with this course?
By pre-ordering the module “The human ear” you get access to 35 downloadable videos immediately after I’m done with recording. The package also contains all corresponding project files that are necessary to work through the assignments.
2. When and how can I access all lessons of this course module?
All lessons of the module “The human ear” will be available on April 13th. I send you the link as soon as the package is complete and ready for download.
3. What sculpting software do I need to know?
The course is not tailored to specific software. Feel free to use the digital sculpting software of your choice. I use ZBrush for demonstration purpose, but the steps can be easily repeated in any other sculpting application.
4. Do I get feedback on my work?
I’m constructing the lessons and assignments in a way that you will turn into an independent learner. This means that you will be able to spot, address and fix the mistakes you make by yourself and make progress fast without relying on external feedback.
5. What if I’m not happy with the course? Do I get my money back?
Sure! If you are not happy with the course, get in touch with me within 30 days after you’ve purchased the module and request a full refund.